"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."

Ephesians 6: 18-20

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Left at the Altar?

Lately our team has talked about how preparing for this mission work has been like preparing for a great wedding feast. I confess that after the chaos of yesterday, and the decision to delay the work, I'm feeling a bit like a bride left at the altar. A little disillusioned. Wondering if my groom was sending me signals along the way that this was not the right time, and I was so wrapped up in my own plans that I took my eyes off Him.

Regardless, we know His Word promises that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." In fact, that entire chapter of Romans 8 is a fitting reminder that we are God's heirs, and we are more than conquerers through him. So in time this minor change in logistics (for us) will become one more stitch in the beautiful fabric of life.

But for our dear friends in Guatemala, this volcanic eruption, and torrential rains from the coming cyclone, are much more than just logistics. Our hearts are with them, longing to be there to help, and praying God's protection over them. May God be glorified in the grace that is shown through loving volunteers all over Guatemala in the coming weeks. We cry out for mercy for those who have lost homes, livestock, and even family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment